If you believe your account is of public interest and should be verified, this article outlines information about submitting a request.
Submitting a request
To be able to complete the form, your account must have the following:
- A verified phone number
- A confirmed email address
Note: If the account is a company or organization account, the email address associated with the account should be a company or organization email address.
- A bio
- A profile photo
- A header photo
- A website
- Account set as public in Exposed Vocals privacy settings
For requests to verify individual accounts (that do not represent a company or organization), we require a copy of your official government-issued photo identification (e.g. passport or driver’s license) in order to confirm your request. Information used for this purpose will be deleted.
Profile and account recommendations
Some common characteristics of verified accounts include:
- If the account belongs to a person, the name reflects the real or stage name of the person.
- If the account is a corporation or company account, the name reflects the real name of the corporation or company.
- The profile and/or header photo reflects the person, the corporation’s branding, or the company’s branding.
- The bio specifies an area of expertise and/or a company mission.
When submitting a request to verify an account, we ask for additional information that can help us evaluate it. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- We’ll ask you to tell us why we should verify an account. If the account represents a person, we want to understand their impact in their field. If it represents a corporation or company, let us know their mission.
- When providing URLs to support your request, choose sites that help express the account holder’s newsworthiness or relevancy in their field.